Tuesday, December 29, 2015

{Awareness} A man with no brain - I am the king! [2 Attachments]

 


 

______________________________________
 
 Pedagogical Project
"The Joy of Reading"
 
______________________________________
   

Stories for Everyone – stories on Slideshare

Stories for Everyone – stories on Facebook

 
________________________________________
 
 
This week's stories with PDF attachments: 
 
- A Man with no brain
- I am the king!
 

  

 ___________________________________________

A Man with no brain

A tale from Algeria

 

In the past, many things happened!

Many things happened in days gone by!

Basil and lily I offer to the Prophet Mohammed. May God bless and honor him!

Here is, among others, the adventure of the renowed Jouha. In Algeria he is called Jha, or else Ben Sakrane. Farther to the east, he is Nasredin Hodja. He is, in fact, Tyl Eulenspiegel, or Jean le Sot: the fool who sells his Wisdom, he who brays like a donkey in order to be heard, and sometimes the most unbeatably cunning.

So, one day Jha met some friends armed for battle: shields, spears, bows, and quivers full of arrows.

"But where are you going in these disguises?"

"Listen, don´t you know that we are professional soldiers? We are obviously going to take part in a battle, and it promises to be rough!"

"Good! This is my one chance to see what happens in these things that I´ve heard about but never seen with my own eyes. Let me go with you to see it, at least once!"

"Well, come then! You are welcome!"

(To be continued in the PDF attachment)

 

 

Margaret Read MacDonald

Peace Tales

Arkansas, August House Publishers, 2005

 

 

 

 

 ___________________________________________
 

I am the king!

 

´Hey, there´s a crown on my back!´ squeaked Tortoise, looking round one morning. ´And it fits me to a T.´

Tortoise trotted over to show his friends.

´Look!´ he cried:  ´I am the King!´

´You, king?´ snickered Goat. ´Impossible!´

´Why´s that?´ said Tortoise.

´Because you are much too slow, that´s why. Besides, a real king has a long white beard, like me. See, the crown fits me perfectly!´ ´I am the King!´

 ´Don´t make me laugh,´ spluttered Flamingo. ´That´s a hairy chin, not a beard! Style´s the thing for a king. The crown suits me splendidly!´

´I am the King!´

´Feather-brain,´ hissed Snake. ´A king must be especially smart. Watch while I do something special with this crown. Doesn´t it sit superbly on me?´

´I am the King!´

´Nonsense!´ grunted Pig. ´A good king is deliciously round. I know where to put this crown. Look, we´re made for each other.´

´I am the King!´

´What a joke!´ cried Crocodile. ´Who needs a roly-poly pig for a king, try a tough-talking Croc instead. Give me the crown! See, it´s just my size!´

 ´I am the King!´

(To be continued in the PDF attachment)

 

 

 

Leo Timmers

I am the King

Wellington, Gecko Press, 2007

 ____________________________



Picture

__._,_.___
View attachments on the web

Posted by: Stories for Everyone - AS <sg@storiesforeveryone.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment